Treatment need assessments and appointments
Mon–Thu 8 am–3 pm, Fri 8 am–2 pm
General and mental health services 046 710 1073
Oral health services 046 710 1085
Mon–Fri 12 pm–2 pm
The service is produced by SYNLAB Suomi Oy
Check the nearest service unit
Services are produced by Mehiläinen Vaasa
Raastuvankatu 13, 65100 Vaasa
Location on map
Appointments to imaging examinations require a referral from the FSHS. You can book an appointment from the service provider once you have received a referral.
Imaging examinations for oral health are conducted at the service unit which produces oral health services for this location.
Exceptional opening hours
FSHS own service units’ are open on New Year’s Eve, Maundy Thursday and 30 April FSHS between 8.00 and 12.30.
The service area’s administration
FSHS West, Management team
- Regional Director Maisa Kuusela
- Regional Medical Director Leeni Mäkelä
- Regional Medical Director for Mental Health Johanna Nikkilä
- Regional Medical Director for Dentistry Hannaleena Havia
- Head Nurse, FSHS West Elisabeth Smedman
- Head Nurse, FSHS West Mari-Anne Mahkonen
- Head Nurse for Oral Health, FSHS West Mervi Saarinen
- Office Secretary Merja Kuusisto
Local health care providers
Contact information when FSHS is closed
- general health:
- If you need urgent medical treatment or advice you should primarily seek help from your own health centre from Monday to Thursday between 8.00 and 16.00 and on Friday between 8.00 and 14.00.
- In the evenings, nights and weekends go to the emergency clinic of Vaasa Central Hospital: Hietalahdenkatu 2-4 Y-building, tel. 06 2131001.
- Emergency psychiatric services available at the Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic of Vaasa Central Hospital, address Sarjakatu 2 (you need referral for that). You can contact to on-call nurse any time, 24/7 and get counselling and information; tel. 040 516 2174 (local call fee).
- oral health:
- If you need urgent dental care, call 06 320 0245 Monday to Thursday between 7.30 a.m. and 3.30 p.m.
- At weekends and on public holidays contact the emergency clinic of Vaasa Central Hospital (Hietalahdenkatu 2-4 Y-building) between 10 a.m. and 12.00. Please note that you will have to pay a fee for this service and that the FSHS will not compensate you for the costs.
- mental health:
- In the evenings, at night and at weekends, emergency health care is given at the Accident & Emergency Clinic of the Vaasa Central Hospital, Hietalahdenkatu 2-4 Y building. If you are not sure whether your symptoms require emergency care, please call your own Health Centre during office hours and outside these hours call the emergency care helpline at 06 213 1001.
- Emergency psychiatric services available at the Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic of Vaasa Central Hospital, address Sarjakatu 2: you need a referral for that. You can contact to psychiatric nurse any time at the Accident & Emergency Clinic of the Vaasa Central Hospital, Hietalahdenkatu 2-4 Y building.