Skip to content
16.1.2020 12 pm: Forms related to invoices and reminders of payments are currently not available at the Self-service. The disturbance will be mended within week 5. Contact your local service unit in urgent matters. We regret the inconvenience caused.

FSHS healthcare professionals primarily issue health certificates and statements related to studying. Issues related to work or hobbies, etc., belong mainly to occupational healthcare, a health centre or the private sector.

Certificates and statements, free of charge

  • Short sickness absence certificates
  • Medical certificate A for sick leave
  • Medical certificate B on illness (daily allowance according to the Health Insurance Act)
  • Statement by a healthcare professional on the health and functional capacity of a student for degree-specific requirements
  • Certificate for compulsory practical training required by a university or other institute of higher education
  • Certificate for applying for a study grant
  • Certificate for extension of studies
  • Certificate of vaccination
  • Abortion statement
  • Statement for sterilisation
  • Food worker certificate for purposes of study
  • Medical certificate on national service fitness class
  • HIV certificate for purposes of study
  • Other certificates associated with studies or student exchange

Certificates and statements subject to charge                       

  • Medical statement on treatment (medicines with special reimbursement status or clinical medicinal products)
  • Medical statement on the need for rehabilitation
  • Medical statement on the ability to work (rehabilitation subsidy or disability pension)
  • Medical statement for legal proceedings
  • Medical statement for the military authorities
  • Medical statement C issued by a general practitioner or specialist
  • Medical statement for a visa
  • Medical statement E for insurance companies

Check the certificate prices here.

The following certificates are not issued by the FSHS:

  • Certificate for driver’s licence
  • Certificate for employment applications
  • Certificate for a reduced tax-paying ability
  • Certificates for sporting or leisure-time activities
  • HIV certificate or other similar certificates for purposes other than studying