Finnish Student Health Service FSHS
The purpose of the FSHS is to provide student health services, as stipulated in the Health Care Act, for those studying for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at a university or other institution of higher education.
Student healthcare services include the following:
- checks on health and safety aspects of the study environment in educational institutions and welfare promotion among learning communities, together with monitoring
- monitoring and promotion of students’ health and welfare and fitness to study
- health checks according to individual needs
- provision of health and medical care services
- mental health and substance abuse services
- promotion of sexual health
- oral health care
- early identification of any special needs and tests required by students, support, and, if necessary, referral for further tests or treatment
FSHS activities are funded by state funding (77% of funding) and by healthcare fees paid by students (23% of funding). The FSHS has no funds of its own other than the capital on formation, which only amounts to a little over €3,000.