Remote testing for STDs
Are you suspecting you might have chlamydia or gonorrhoea? Our free remote test is a quick and easy way to find out if you have gonorrhoea or chlamydia.
How to take the remote test
- Order a free chlamydia and gonorrhoea test kit for home testing at the FSHS home testing website. The test package is free when you place an order through this site.
- You will need your online banking ID or mobile ID to log in to the online service. Once you log in, you will be identified and your right to use FSHS services will be checked.
- When you receive the kit, take a sample according to the instructions and send the sample tube to the laboratory shown on the package. The postal fee has already been paid.
- When the test result is ready, you will be notified by SMS. After this, you can check the result at the FSHS home testing website yths.testaakotona.fi.
What to do after receiving the results
- If your test result is positive, contact the FSHS’s assessment of need for treatment service by phone or via SelfChat. Please note that if you do not contact the FSHS after receiving a positive result, we will contact you to ensure you receive the treatment you need.
- If your test result is negative, you do not need to do anything.
- If you suspect another STD, please contact the FSHS either by phone or SelfChat.
Five test a year – at most
- You can within a year order a maximum amount of five remote tests. If you exceed the maximum amount, we recommend you book an appointment from us.