The FSHS language strategy aims to ensure equal treatment of students. Service promises are intended to ensure that there are no differences in language groups between customer groups or customer orientation.
- In bilingual areas, students receive service in good Finnish and Swedish. When using the Finnish Student Health Service in bilingual municipalities, students taking their first degree or a Master’s degree receive all medical statements, medical certificates, prescriptions, treatment instructions and case histories in their first language, unless otherwise agreed.
- Students with first languages other than Finnish or Swedish receive service in at least acceptable English.
- Language options in service channels help staff to serve students with their contact language.
- Online material, current information on services and client info are available in three languages.
- Staff are encouraged to use English and Swedish in service situations, for example with the help of language training.
- The most important patient guides, health promotion material and health guides are available in three languages
This language strategy was approved by the Board on 2 September 2013 and became effective on 1 January 2014. Service promises were updated on May 31, 2018.