Charges and invoicing
The health care fee for students in higher education which is paid to Kela covers all FSHS services for students. We do not charge for other services or appointments.
However, please note that if you receive a referral from FSHS to a specialist doctor or specialist health care, the service provider has the right to charge a visit fee according to its own price list.
Charge for an unattended appointment
We charge our customers with a fee of 40 euros for no-show appointments in which the student has not arrived at their agreed appointment nor rescheduled or cancelled the appointment on time. Appointments should be rescheduled or cancelled no later than one full day (24 hours) prior to the appointment. Please note that you must come to the appointment, even if you do not receive a separate reminder message about it.
One can apply for correction to the fee of an unattended appointment in case there was an acceptable reason behind leaving the appointment unattended. If the invoice is according to you inappropriate, use always the “Feedback about invoice” form (even in such situations when you have already paid the bill). In this way, you can choose the service unit where the matter should be controlled.
The fee for unattended appointments concerns all appointments, treatment based groups and examinations and are valid in both FSHS own as well as partners service units. This also applies for example to remote receptions, appointments by phone calls and vaccination visits. We will send out your invoice either by e-invoice or mail according to your choice. You can set up the e-invoice service on your online banking pages or via the OmaPosti service.
Information about e-invoice service and OmaPosti service
E-invoicing via your online bank
You can set up an e-invoicing agreement with us through following your own bank’s instructions. However, you can only set up an e-invoice agreement after you have received one paper invoice.
E-invoicing via the OmaPosti service
If you are not yet using the OmaPosti service:
- Set up an OmaPosti account.
- Choose to receive FSHS letters and invoices via OmaPosti.
If you are already using the OmaPosti service:
- You can choose to receive FSHS letters and invoices via OmaPosti.
- Your invoices will be sent to OmaPosti.
If you are not using the e-invoicing service
- You will receive your invoices by mail. Check that your contact information on the Self online service is up to date. Address in the FSHS data system are not automatically updated via the population register.
Requesting correction of an invoice
The request is done through a form, which can be found at the Self online service. If the invoice is according to you inappropriate, use always the “Feedback about invoice” form (even in such situations when you have already paid the bill). In this way, you can choose the service unit where the matter should be controlled.
- You can ask for an invoice to be corrected if you consider it to be incorrect and you are dissatisfied with the customer fee.
- You can ask for a correction if you have received a payment reminder about an invoice that you think you have already paid.
- Before requesting a correction, check that you have paid the invoice using the correct reference number, the correct bank account and the correct amount.
Unpaid invoices will be sent to the debt collection company Visma Financial Solutions for collection. The client is responsible for payment of the costs incurred due to debt collection.
Health care fee for students in higher education is paid to Kela
More information of the health care fee for students in higher education (kela.fi)