Since 2021, the FSHS has run a student panel consisting of students in higher education. The aim is to give students a say in how the FSHS should develop its services.
The student panel is part of client involvement work at the FSHS, and its aim is to profoundly understand the needs and user experiences of students, to solve any bottlenecks related to the work of the FSHS, and to put forward proposals for development, new solutions and ways of working.
How the student panel works
- New panelists are recruited yearly through announcements published at the end of the year.
- The composition of the panel reflects regional and institution-specific distribution in higher education students. The number of panelists may vary year to year.
- Panelists commit to serving on the panel for one year (+ 1 year). Panelists may continue their participation until the end of the term even if they finish their studies before that.
- Chairpersons of smaller development groups can be chosen among the student panelists.
- Supporting the students, the panel includes FSHS experts from several service areas.
- The panel convenes 6 to 9 times a year, including general meetings a few times a year as well as smaller group meetings 2 to 3 times during the spring term and 2 to 3 times during the autumn term.
- The panel convenes in Teams and its working language is mainly Finnish.