Treatment need assessments and appointments
Mon–Thu 8 am–3 pm, Fri 8 am–2 pm
General and mental health services 046 710 1073
Oral health services 046 710 1085
General and mental health
Mon–Fri at 09 am–11 am
Mon–Fri at 09 am–11 am
Mon–Fri from 11 am to noon.
The service is produced by SYNLAB Suomi Oy
Check the nearest service unit
For laboratory examinations you will always need a referral from FSHS. Once you have obtained a referral you can book an appointment through SYNLAB either by phone 010 326 3260 or through the Health Folder. (The call fee to customer service number starting with 010 is EUR 0,0835/call + EUR 0,06/minute from a landline and EUR 0,0835/call + EUR 0,1717/minute from a mobile phone line.)
Check the instructions
How to prepare for laboratory examinations
The service is produced by Pihlajalinna Oulu
Isokatu 33, 90100 Oulu
Location on map
Appointments to imaging examinations require a referral from the FSHS. You can book an appointment from the service provider once you have received a referral.
Imaging examinations for oral health are conducted at the service unit which produces oral health services for this location.
Exceptional opening hours
FSHS own service units’ are open on New Year’s Eve, Maundy Thursday and 30 April FSHS between 8.00 and 12.30, if these days fall on a weekday.
The service area’s administration
FSHS North, Management team
- Regional Director Juha Tiainen
- Regional Medical Director Satu Moilanen
- Regional Medical Director for Mental Health Liisa Kemppainen
- Regional Medical Director for Dentistry Viivi Alaraudanjoki
- Head Nurse, FSHS North Sirpa Torvinen
- Head Nurse, FSHS North Anu Hauta-aho
- Head Nurse for Oral Health, FSHS North Päivi Pyykkönen
Local health care providers
Contact information when FSHS is closed
- general health: If our health centre is closed, contact your local municipal health centre between 8.00 and 15.00 or call the emergency service of Oulu region on 116 117 if you need help after 16.00 pm.
- oral health: At weekends and on public holidays, emergency dental care is available at the City of Oulu dental clinic, address Aapistie 3, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., tel. 044 7036 426. At other times and in cases involving serious injury, please contact the Oulu region joint emergency duty service, tel. 116 117. Please note that you will have to pay a fee for the services.
- mental health: If you are an Oulu resident call the City of Oulu mental health service on 044 703 5940 from Monday to Thursday between 8.00 and 16.00, on Fridays between 8.00 and 15.00. At other times call the emergency psychiatric services of Oulu University Hospital on 08 315 6707 (this is the number you should call at all times if you are not an Oulu resident). Oulu region emergency health centre services are available from Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) after 18.00 and at weekends and on public holidays on 116 117.