If you started completing your first degree at an institution of higher education this academic year, you can answer the HealthStart questionnaire on the Self online service.
After completing the HealthStart questionnaire, you’ll receive immediate feedback on your state of health and may be referred for health promotion services provided by the FSHS.
What is HealthStart?
The health examination for first-year students begins with the HealthStart questionnaire, the aim of which is to help you and healthcare professionals check your health status and refer you for the appropriate services as early as possible at the beginning of your studies.
The HealthStart questionnaire examines your physical, mental and social health, as well as the key aspects of your health behavior, as well as factors affecting your health, health behavior and ability to study.
If your answers indicate a need for an appointment, you will be referred for an in-person or remote consultation. You’ll be informed about a possible appointment or receive instructions on how to book an appointment within four weeks after completing the questionnaire. You’ll also receive a booking permission that you can use if you need to reschedule the appointment for a more suitable date.
The way to answer the questionnaire
- As a first-year student you can fill in the HealthStart questionnaire on the Self online service.
- If you have updated your contact information in Self, you have been sent a personal invitation by SMS.
- Even if you don’t get an SMS invitation, you’ll find the questionnaire in the online service Self if you’ve started your first degree this academic year.
- You will get an appointment or instructions on how to book an appointment, if you based on your answers at the health questionnaire need a personal visit. You will be able to see the information about the appointment or time booking permission at Self. You will be informed by SMS if you update your contact details at the Self online service, AND by giving us a permission to send you text messages related to your conduct of business with us.
- Once the HealthStart questionnaire is available to you, it will stay on your home screen on the Self online service until the end of the academic year or until you complete it. After you’ve completed it, it will be shown in the Services section.
Log into Self online service >>
Cancelling or rescheduling an appointment
If you cannot make it to your appointment, please remember to reschedule or cancel it no later than one full day (24 hours) prior to the appointment. If you do not arrive to your appointment nor have rescheduled it or cancelled it on time without an acceptable reason you will be charged the fee for an unattended appointment.
Read more about booking, cancelling or rescheduling an appointment.
The FSHS has a statutory duty to perform a health examination for first-year students, i.e., to conduct a health questionnaire and, if necessary, to offer students an appointment with a healthcare professional. The health questionnaire was renewed in the beginning of the year 2022.