Treatment need assessments and appointments
Mon–Thu 8 am–3 pm, Fri 8 am–2 pm
General and mental health services 046 710 1073
Oral health services 046 710 1085
General and mental health
Mon–Fri at 09 am–11 am
Mon–Fri at 09 am–11 am
Mon – Fri 9am – 11am and 12pm – 2 pm
The service is produced by SYNLAB Suomi Oy
Check the nearest service unit
For laboratory examinations you will always need a referral from FSHS. Once you have obtained a referral you can book an appointment through SYNLAB either by phone 010 326 3260 or through the Health Folder. (The call fee to customer service number starting with 010 is EUR 0,0835/call + EUR 0,06/minute from a landline and EUR 0,0835/call + EUR 0,1717/minute from a mobile phone line.)
Check the instructions
How to prepare for laboratory examinations
Appointments by phone
Mon–Fri 8 am–2pm, 046 710 1361
Appointments to imaging examinations require a referral from the FSHS.
Imaging examinations for oral health are conducted at the service unit which produces oral health services for this location.
An appointment for the imaging examinations of the Töölö service unit is required only for ultrasound examinations, spirometries and special dental imaging (not others).
Exceptional opening hours
FSHS own service units’ are open on New Year’s Eve, Maundy Thursday and 30 April FSHS between 8.00 and 12.30, if these days fall on a weekday.
The service area’s administration
FSHS South, Management Team
- Regional Director Tuomas Plosila
- Regional Medical Director Pia Hukkanen
- Regional Medical Director Johanna Stenqvist
- Regional Medical Director for Mental Health Tarja-Sisko Saastamoinen
- Regional Medical Director for Dentistry Teija Niinikoski
- Regional Medical Director for Dentistry Petra Hyvönen
- Head Nurse, FSHS South Kirsi Helosuo
- Head Nurse, FSHS South Teija Pietilä
- Head Nurse, FSHS South Sari Yrjänä
- Head Nurse, FSHS South Heidi Riska
- Head Nurse for Oral Health, FSHS South Anne Lampinen
- Chief Psychologist Elina Luoma
- Chief Psychologist Teemu Miettinen
Local health care providers
Contact information when FSHS is closed
- general health: your health station, City of Helsinki. If your health station is closed, call the Medical Helpline 116 117 before you go to the emergency clinic.
- oral health: Dental care, City of Helsinki and Emergency dental care.
- mental health: your health station, City of Helsinki. If your health station is closed, 24/7 emergency care services in Helsinki.