Treatment need assessments and appointments
Mon–Thu 8 am–3 pm, Fri 8 am–2 pm
General and mental health services 046 710 1073
Oral health services 046 710 1085
General and oral health
Mon–Fri at 12 pm–2 pm
Mon–Fri at 10 am–2 pm
Mon–Thu from 1.00 pm to 2.00 pm
The service is produced by SYNLAB Suomi Oy
Check the nearest service unit
NOTE Appointments with FSHS referrals through calling SYNLAB:s service number 010 326 3260.
The service is produced by Karelia Magneetti
Kauppakatu 29, 80100 Joensuu
Location on map
Appointments to imaging examinations require a referral from the FSHS. You can book an appointment from the service provider once you have received a referral.
Imaging examinations for oral health are conducted at the service unit which produces oral health services for this location.
Exceptional opening hours
FSHS own service units’ are open on New Year’s Eve, Maundy Thursday and 30 April FSHS between 8.00 and 12.30.
The service area’s administration
FSHS East, Management Team
- Regional Director Anu Väänänen
- Regional Medical Director Katri Männikkö
- Regional Medical Director for Mental Health Raija Aittakumpu-Hydén
- Regional Medical Director for Dentistry Pirkko Koskela
- Head Nurse, FSHS East (Jyväskylä and Mikkeli) Arja Makkonen
- Head Nurse, FSHS (Joensuu and Kuopio) Mervi Toivanen
- Head Nurse for Oral Health, FSHS East Kirsi Hotta
Local health care providers
Contact information when FSHS is closed
- General health:
* Non-urgent care: Health stations and emergency care (siunsote.fi)
* In urgent cases, contact North Carelia centre hospital , emergency clinic medical advice, address: Tikkamäentie 16, 80210 Joensuu. Call the Medical Helpline 116 117 before you consider going to the emergency clinic. If the call cannot be answered at once, a call-back service is in use. In an emergency, call the emergency number 112 instead. If you are unable to make a call, send a text message to the Emergency Response Centre in the North Karelia region, tel. +358 40 751 7816.
- Oral health:
On weekdays, dental emergency clinics are open at health stations Mon–Thurs 8am–3pm, Fri 8am–2pm, and at the Central Hospital emergency clinic Mon–Fri 3pm–9pm. Appointments can be booked by calling the dental clinic number.
* Oral and dental care (siunsote.fi)
On weekdays after business hours, call the Medical Helpline 116 117 until 9 pm. On weekends and public holidays, the dental emergency clinic at the North Karelia Central Hospital emergency clinic is open by appointment 12pm–9pm. Appointment on weekends and public holidays from 11 am to 12 noon tel 050 301 1592 (number does not receive text messages). Between 12 pm-2pm evaluation of the need for care and treatment guidance through Service number 116 117.
- Mental health:
* Mental health and substance abuse services in English, non-urgent and urgent (siunsote.fi)
* Psychiatric emergency and crises tel. +358 13 330 2132
* Social emergency services tel. +358 13 330 9002
* Norra Carelia centre hospital/Medical Helpline 116 117
- North Carelia Crisis centre: Make an appointment on weekdays between at 10am to 4pm, tel. 013-316 244, address: Siltakatu 14 A 11, 4 krs.
- Mental health and substance abuse services – English (siunsote.fi)
- MIELI Mental Health Finland, Crisis Helpline