Treatment need assessments and appointments
Mon–Fri 8 am–2 pm
General and mental health services 046 710 1073
Oral health services 046 710 1085
Mon–Fri 12 pm–2 pm
Mon–Thu from 10.00 am to 11.00 am
Checking or cancelling appointments
General and mental health services 046 710 1028
Oral health services 046 710 1034
The service is produced by SYNLAB Suomi Oy
Check the nearest service unit
NOTE Appointments with FSHS referrals through calling SYNLAB:s service number 010 326 3260.
The service is produced by Karelia Magneetti
Kauppakatu 29, 80100 Joensuu
Location on map
Appointments to imaging examinations require a referral from the FSHS. You can book an appointment from the service provider once you have received a referral.
Imaging examinations for oral health are conducted at the service unit which produces oral health services for this location.
Exceptional opening hours
FSHS own service units’ are open on New Year’s Eve, Maundy Thursday and 30 April FSHS between 8.00 and 12.30.
The service area’s administration
FSHS East, Management Team
- Regional Director Anu Väänänen
- Regional Medical Director Mirka Rönkkö
- Regional Medical Director for Mental Health Raija Aittakumpu-Hydén
- Regional Medical Director for Dentistry Tiina Haataja
- Head Nurse, FSHS East (Jyväskylä and Mikkeli) Arja Makkonen
- Head Nurse, FSHS (Joensuu and Kuopio) Mervi Toivanen
- Head Nurse for Oral Health, FSHS East Kirsi Hotta
Local health care providers
Contact information when FSHS is closed
- general health: In urgent cases, contact North Carelia centre hospital , emergency clinic medical advice, address: Tikkamäentie 16, 80210 Joensuu, Tel: 013-330 2121
- oral health: In case of urgent illness on weekdays, contact your own health center Mon-Thu from 8 am to 3 pm and the North Karelia Central hospital Mon-Fri from 8 am to 9 pm. Phonenumbers https://www.siunsote.fi/hammaslaakaripaivystys . Thereafter from 9 pm onwards, evaluation of the need for care and treatment guidance through Service number 116 117. Weekends and Public Holidays Dentist Service from 12 noon to 9 pm. Appointment from 11 am to 12 noon tel 050 301 1592 (number does not receive tedt messages). Thereafter from 9 pm onwards, evaluation of the need for care and treatment quidance through Service number 116 117
- mental health: North Carelia central hospital / Psychiatric emergency and crises, tel. 013 – 330 2132, address: Tikkamäentie 16, L-building / 1.floor
North Carelia Crisis centre: Make an appointment on weekdays between at 10am to 2pm, tel. 013-316 244, address: Siltakatu 14 A 11, 4 krs.
- The Crisis Center operates by appointment. Time can be booked on Mon-Fri at 10-14 tel. 013-316 244. We offer an easy-to-approach forum to face to face help. Usually time is booked within 2-3 days from reservation.
- North Carelia central hospital / Psychiatric emergency and crises, Tel. 013 – 330 2132, address: Tikkamäentie 16, L-building / 1.floor