The coronavirus epidemic led to the reprioritizing of our resources and the SelfChat was temporarily closed in March. We could serve students in the most efficient way through concentrating our treatment assessment resources into our phone services during the acute phase of the state of emergency. However, the SelfChat can be reopened now and therefore there is, once again, two different service channels.
How the SelfChat works between the 6th of May and the 26th of June
- There are no separate service hours for the SelfChat. However, the SelfChat will potentially work during ordinary FSHS opening hours.
- The green ball symbol within SelfChat is an indication that a health care professional is present.
- You can get general health advice through the SelfChat as well as guidance on how to find the right services that you need. The easiest way to take care of business through the SelfChat are in cases where the issue is clearly defined and concerns an individual issue. In case you have several questions or more to discuss we would advise you to contact us by phone.
- According to opportunity you will also be able to conduct the need for treatment assessment through SelfChat. In those cases, a health care professional assesses your situation and provides with advice and makes an appointment if needed.
- The SelfChat is currently run with national resources. In practical terms this mean that you will be advised to contact your local service unit by phone in issues that can only be handled on a local level.