FSHS serves students in a normal manner on weekdays during the Christmas holidays.
FSHS’s digital and remote services operate in a normal manner on weekdays. The nationwide telephone services for the need for treatment assessments and service guidance are available Mon-Thurs from 8.00 am to 3.00 pm and Fri from 8.00 am to 2.00 pm.
Most of our service units are open normally. If necessary, you can book an appointment for the nearest open FSHS service unit or use our remote services.
SelfChat is open on weekdays in general health and oral health matters from Monday to Friday from 12pm to 2pm and in mental health matters from Monday to Friday from 10am to 2pm.
Exceptions to opening hours
All our service units are closed during Christmas from the 24th to the 26th of December 2021.
New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day
Our service units serve on New Year’s Eve 31st of December from 8am to 12.30pm. While the national service numbers serve on New Year’s Eve from 8am until 12pm and SelfChat is closed. The service units are closed on New Year’s Day 1st of January 2022.
The Thirteenth Day Christmas
Our service units are closed on the 13th Day Christmas which is celebrated on the 6th of January 2022. We will serve again on Friday, January 7, 2022.
Other location-specific exceptions
As a rule, FSHS service points normally serve, with a few exceptions.
- There are no in-person appointments for an oral hygienist or dentist in Pori between the 27th December and 30th December 2021.
- There are no in-person appointments for dentist in Vaasa between the 22nd December and 23rd December 2021.
- FSHS Rauma service unit is closed between the 23rd December 2021 and 31th December 2021.
- FSHS Turku service units general health services are open until 2pm on the 23rd of December 2021.
- The Helsinki, Malmi service unit is closed on the 23rd December 2021 and between the 27th December and 31st December 2021. FSHS Töölö and FSHS Espoo service units are open normally.
- The service units in Kotka, Kouvola and Lahti: There are no in-person appointments for general and mental health between the 27th December and 31st December 2021. There are no in-person appointments for oral health between the 29th December and 31st December 2021.
- Lappeenranta: There are no in-person appointments for general and mental health between 27th December and 31st December 2021. Oral health services serve normally.
On week 51, on Thursday 23rd December there is no telephone time for the patient ombudsman.
And on week 1, there is no telephone time for the patient ombudsman.
You can also contact the patient ombudsman via the online form >>
Partners service units
Our partners service units serve according to their own opening hours.
Please note that in order to be able to use FSHS services, including Self online service and other remote services, you must be registered as an attending student.