We’re introducing a new callback system for nationwide FSHS booking and service guidance numbers. The system will be introduced for the oral health service number on 10 December 2021 and for the general and mental health service number on 15 December 2021.
The new phone service will include several features to make using our services easier for you. When you call our nationwide service numbers:
- You’ll be able to choose between making an appointment, cancelling an appointment, or other reasons why you’re calling. The choice you make will tell us how to proceed and will speed up the service.
- You’ll be provided with an estimate of the time an FSHS professional is going to call you. If the time isn’t suitable for you, you can choose another time that suits you better.
- If you need to, you can cancel your callback request or alter the callback time.
- You’ll be able to identify FSHS need for treatment assessment calls as they’ll no longer come from unidentified numbers but from the same service number you called to make your callback request. Kindly note, that treatment related phone calls can still come from an unknown number.
- If you need to, you’ll be able to cancel your appointment. The preferred way to cancel an appointment is via the Self online service. Please remember to cancel well ahead of time – at least 24 hours before your appointment.
Changes in service hours during the system update
- The oral health phone service will close at 12 noon on Thursday, 9 December 2021 (the day before the system launch). The new system will be launched on Friday, 10 December 2021, with the phone service open during usual Friday service hours, 8 am–2 pm.
- The general and mental health phone service will close at 12 noon on Tuesday, 14 December 2021 (the day before the system launch). The new system will be launched on Wednesday, 15 December 2021, with the phone service open during the usual service hours of 8 am–3 pm.
- SelfChat will be closed during the callback system launch, from 9 to 15 December 2021. This is to ensure adequate resources for the system launch.
Booking an appointment at the FSHS
Appointments for all FSHS services can be booked by phone or via SelfChat, where an assessment of the need for treatment will first be made and service guidance provided.
The nationwide FSHS appointment booking numbers are open Mon–Thu 8 am–3 pm and Fri 8 am–2 pm.
General and mental health services, tel. 046 7101073
Oral health services, tel. 046 7101085
SelfChat is open for matters relating to general and oral health Mon–Fri 12 pm–2 pm and for matters relating to mental health Mon–Fri 10 am–2 pm.