Treatment need assessments and appointments
General and mental health
Mon–Thu 8 am–3 pm, Fri 8 am–2 pm
Mon–Thu 12 am–3 pm, Fri 12 am–2 pm
Mon–Thu 8 am–3 pm, Fri 8 am–2 pm
General health 046 710 1097
Oral health 046 710 1098
Mental health 046 710 1097
Fax 046 710 6967
Checking or cancelling appointments
Call 046 710 1097 from Monday to Thursday between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m., on Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Mon-Fri 9 am – 11.30 am
only with appointments Mon–Thur 8.10 am–10 am
When you have the appointment ticket, you can book an appointment in the Self service or call the service unit.
Pitkäkatu 28-30, 65100 Vaasa
Mon–Tue 7.30 am–7 pm
Wed–Thu 7.30 am–4.30 pm
Fri 7.30 am–4 pm
Imaging examinations are available only on referral by an FSHS doctor. The doctor will give you more information.
Exceptional opening hours
Maundy Thursday and 30 April FSHS Vaasa is open between 8.00 and 12.30.
Service unit’s administration
Elisabeth Smedman, Director, tel. 046 876 9295
Sari Munkki, Head Dentist, tel. 046 710 1098
Priska Pennanen, Chief Psychologist, tel. 046 710 1097
The Board of Directors 2020-2021
University Lecturer Harri Raisio, University of Vaasa
Head Chief Physician Markku Sirviö, City of Vaasa
Student representative Elli Uusi-Kokko, Student Union of the University of Vaasa (VYY)
Student representative Jenni Myllymäki, Student Union of the University of Vaasa (VYY)
Student representative Catrin Hellman-Gretland, Student Union of Åbo Akademi University (ÅAS)
Public Health Nurse Satu Kyntäjä, Staff representative, FSHS Vaasa
Local health care providers
Contact information when FSHS is closed
- general health:
- If you need urgent medical treatment or advice you should primarily seek help from your own health centre from Monday to Thursday between 8.00 and 16.00 and on Friday between 8.00 and 14.00.
- In the evenings, nights and weekends go to the emergency clinic of Vaasa Central Hospital: Hietalahdenkatu 2-4 Y-building, tel. 06 2131001.
- Emergency psychiatric services available at the Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic of Vaasa Central Hospital, address Sarjakatu 2 (you need referral for that). You can contact to on-call nurse any time, 24/7 and get counselling and information; tel. 040 516 2174 (local call fee).
- oral health:
- If you need urgent dental care, call 06 320 0245 Monday to Thursday between 7.30 a.m. and 3.30 p.m.
- At weekends and on public holidays contact the emergency clinic of Vaasa Central Hospital (Hietalahdenkatu 2-4 Y-building) between 10 a.m. and 12.00. Please note that you will have to pay a fee for this service and that the FSHS will not compensate you for the costs.
- mental health:
- In the evenings, at night and at weekends, emergency health care is given at the Accident & Emergency Clinic of the Vaasa Central Hospital, Hietalahdenkatu 2-4 Y building. If you are not sure whether your symptoms require emergency care, please call your own Health Centre during office hours and outside these hours call the emergency care helpline at 06 213 1001.
- Emergency psychiatric services available at the Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic of Vaasa Central Hospital, address Sarjakatu 2: you need a referral for that. You can contact to psychiatric nurse any time at the Accident & Emergency Clinic of the Vaasa Central Hospital, Hietalahdenkatu 2-4 Y building.