Terms of access to our services

- What you should know

Access to our services 

You can use our general, mental and oral health services if you are studying for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at a university or other institution of higher education and you have paid your student union membership fee to a student union that is affiliated to the FSHS. Those studying for a Licentiate of Medicine, Dentistry or Veterinary Medicine degree are also entitled to use the FSHS’s services.

As an student you can use the services of all of the 14 FSHS health centres. You can also use the services of an FSHS branch health centre if it is located in the town where you study. To see a list of our health centres and branch health centres see under Contact details.

Our range of services does not include inpatient care, mother and child clinics or out-of-hours/weekend emergency services.

Treatment need assessments

Appointments for our services are made on the basis of treatment need assessments. A treatment need assessment means an assessment made by a health care professional regarding access to and urgency of treatment. They determine the reason why you have contacted us, your symptoms and their level of seriousness as well as the level of urgency of your case on the basis of the preliminary information provided by you or included in your referral to treatment.

The treatment need assessment process


The care guarantee

The FSHS complies with Finnish care guarantee legislation, which is binding on the public sector. Under the care guarantee, the maximum period of waiting is six months. Read more about the care guarantee.


Please make sure you arrive in time for your appointment. If you cannot make it to your appointment, please let us know well in advance.



When you come for your appointment please remember to bring your student card or other proof of having paid the student union membership fee.


Most of our services are available free of charge. Read more about our fees.